Have a French Pastry School account? Sign in
Teaching the Fine Art of Pastry
The French Pastry School at Kennedy-King College of City Colleges of Chicago strives to offer an innovative, effective, intensive education in which students are equipped to achieve excellence in the pastry, baking and confectionery arts.
About The French Pastry School
The French Pastry School of Kennedy-King College at City Colleges of Chicago is the premier international institution of pastry arts education. Superb instruction, superior equipment, and top quality ingredients enable the co-founders, Chefs Jacquy Pfeiffer and Sébastien Canonne, M.O.F., to uphold an exceptional educational facility for all things sweet and baked. The French Pastry School’s team of award-winning instructors has grown to a faculty of many renowned chefs, including Certified Master Sugar Artists Nicole Bujewski and Sunny Lee; Eric Perez, Joel Reno and Alissa Wallers; Master Baker, Jonathan Dendauw; Master Cake Artist, Nicholas Lodge; and World Pastry Champion, En-Ming Hsu.
The French Pastry School instructs over one thousand students and pastry professionals in hands-on classes each year and offers two main programs: L’Art de la Pâtisserie, a full-time 24-week pastry and baking certificate program; L’Art du Gâteau, The Professional Cake Baking and Decorating Program, a full-time 16-week certificate program; and Continuing Education courses, 3- to 5-day long classes year-round for professionals as well as food enthusiasts. Additionally, the Chef Instructors of The French Pastry School lead demonstrations on the premises and around the country for thousands more pastry professionals and enthusiasts.
The French Pastry School offers you the rare opportunity to learn the art of pastry in an intimate setting, being personally mentored by masters in their field. Your skills will be finely honed through hands-on practice and repeated exposure to the best pastry techniques, tools, and ingredients. Our school is dedicated only to the art of pastry, and it is our goal to be the finest pastry school in the United States, producing the best-prepared professionals entering the industry.
The French Pastry School's programs (L’Art de la Pâtisserie and L’Art du Gâteau) are approved by the Illinois Community College Board through Kennedy-King College at City Colleges of Chicago. Students in our full-time certificate programs earn from 16 to 24 college credit hours.
At The French Pastry School, we pride ourselves on the following:
- Providing personal instruction and hands-on training from world class pastry chef instructors in a comfortable atmosphere;
- Giving personal attention to each student’s individual career goals from the minute they come in contact with the school, and maintaining a positive relationship with alumni throughout their careers;
- Ensuring students have easy access to as well as individual attention from their chef instructors by keeping class sizes small;
- Dedicating the best ingredients and equipment available for our students to learn with in kitchens designed specifically to teach the art, science, technique, and method needed to excel in the pastry industry;
- Offering courteous student services and thoughtful financial guidance tailored to each student’s needs.
- Presenting opportunities to our students to become a part of their professional community by promoting and supporting participation in organizations like Pastry Chicago and For the Love of Chocolate Foundation.
- Promoting lifelong learning by providing Continuing Education courses for graduates, professionals, and food enthusiasts.