Have a French Pastry School account? Sign in
You are strongly encouraged to visit us as a part of the application process. Contact us to arrange a tour with an admission representative.
Schedule and Tuition
Admissions are conducted on a rolling basis, and classes fill quickly, so it is in your best interest to apply early to ensure your space in the desired session.
International students should contact the school directly for additional procedures.
Total Program/Course Cost includes: Tuition, books and course materials, three full uniforms, complete tool kit, all premium ingredients, and use of state-of-the-art equipment. There are no additional fees upon registration confirmation. The application fee is applied toward the total tuition payment. Admissions are conducted on a rolling basis, and classes fill quickly, so it is in your best interest to apply early to ensure your space in the desired session.
Application/Petition Submission: Please read the following instructions carefully. If you have questions about any part of this process, do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Department with questions at any time.
- Admissions are conducted on a rolling basis, and programs/courses tend to fill well in advance, so it is in your best interest to apply early.
- Application pieces may be submitted separately. Please read the application requirements carefully.
- While there is no application deadline, enrollment in the applicant’s desired session is guaranteed only following acceptance and confirmation.
- If a particular session has filled, the applicant’s enrollment may be deferred to the following session.
- Please keep in regular contact with your Admissions Advisor at The French Pastry School for the greatest chance of placement in your desired program and session.
Application - Are you a new student/first time applicant?
Apply online today! The application fee is included in the online application process.
First-time applicants, you may also mail in/fax your first-time application.
In order to be considered for admissions to The French Pastry School please submit the following items:
Application fee of $150. This is required with your application submission. This may be paid with a credit/debit card, cash, wire transfer or check. The application fee will be applied toward tuition.
Two letters of reference. These should be from someone who can comment on your contribution to the community, career or academic progress (e.g. teachers, employers, clergy, and community leaders) with examples of commendable achievements or attributes. These letters may be mailed, emailed or faxed. References from family members will not be considered.
Your current resume. This should detail your past employment, education and volunteer history. You are not required to have previous experience in the food industry. You resume may be mailed, emailed or faxed.
A digital photo of yourself. This will be used for your Student ID and a free public transportation pass provided by the Chicago Transit Authority. This photo may be emailed.
An official copy of your GED, High School or College Transcript. The GED, High School or College Transcript must be mailed to the school and bear the official school seal.
Copy of valid State ID. This can may be mailed, emailed or faxed.
Your responses to the essay questions. Each of the five essay questions should be answered in 150 words or less and can be mailed, emailed or faxed. You can find the essay questions below:
Why have you chosen to pursue a career in pastry? Outline what exposure you have had to the pastry profession.
What do you consider are the most important qualities in a successful pastry chef?
What do you think will be your greatest challenge in completing the program at The French Pastry School?
What are your expectations of the food industry when it comes to hours, pay and overall chef to employee demeanor?
Why did you select the French Pastry School for your pastry education?
Petition - Are you a returning student?
Apply online today! Petition Fee is included in the online petition process.
Returning students have completed one or more of the following programs/courses: L’Art de la Pâtisserie, L’Art du Gâteau or L’Art de la Boulangerie. Complete the petition requirements online to petition into the desired program. Petition Essays and Petition Fee are included in the online petition process.
Returning Alumni, you may also mail/fax your program petition.
In order to be considered for alternate programs you must petition into them. Please submit the following along with your completed petition form and petition fee:
- Petition fee of $150. This is required with your application submission. This may be paid with a credit/debit card, cash, wire transfer or check. The petition fee will be applied toward tuition.
- Two letters of reference. You must submit different letter of reference than you used in your original application. One may be a general character reference. The second must refer to your experience in the food industry since graduating or while attending school. These may be e-mailed, mailed or faxed.
- Your current resume. An updated copy of your resume. This may be e-mailed, mailed or faxed.
- A completed Uniform Order Form.
- A Copy of valid State ID.
- Your responses to the essay questions. Each of the five essay questions should be answered in 150 words or less and can be mailed, emailed or faxed. You can find the essay questions below:
1. How do you define professionalism?
2. What does the term Hospitality mean to you?
3. Why should we select you to enter into this program/course?
4. Who do you admire and why? Who inspires you?
5. What is the ideal pastry, celebration cake, or bread? Give a detailed description