L’Art de la Boulangerie
L’Art de la Boulangerie, a comprehensive, eight-week course is custom-designed to meet the needs of students wishing to specialize in the venerable art of bread baking. For eight hours a day, five days a week, this unique, hands-on experience allows students to focus on all aspects of creating artisan breads and breakfast pastries. L’Art de la Boulangerie presents the opportunity to learn under the direct guidance of Master Bakers and World Champions, providing the practice and tools needed to build a solid foundation, so that you can advance in the baking industry.
In eight weeks, you will learn everything from the fundamentals to advanced techniques in...
- Food Service Sanitation, Safety, Technology, and Basic Skills
- Fundamentals of French Breads
- Pre-ferments: Poolish and Sponges
- Levains and Starters: Techniques and Applications
- Specialty Whole Grains and Organic Breads
- Breakfast Pastries and Viennoiseries
- Advanced Breakfast Pastries and Viennoiseries
- Specialty Breads from France and around the World
In L’Art de la Boulangerie, students receive the rare opportunity to learn the art of bread baking in an intimate setting, being personally mentored by masters in their field. Continuous personal attention is given to each student’s needs and goals, from the moment they begin the course, until graduation, and throughout their careers. L’Art de la Boulangerie, the Artisanal Bread Baking Course, is the ideal educational experience for passionate baking enthusiasts.
Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.